It is possible to submit an application for a Queensland wedding certificate—or replacement wedding certificate or commemorative wedding certification you are applying for were married (and the marriage registered) in the state package—if you or the person.
Your registered celebrant or minister that is registered of must record your marriage with us. We do not immediately deliver a certification whenever a wedding is registered. You ought to get one.
You will find 3 kinds of wedding certificate—standard, commemorative and ceremonial. Just a standard marriage certification can be utilized for formal purposes and evidence of modification of title through wedding. You can make use of your standard wedding certification whenever deciding on federal federal government agencies and banks.
The ceremonial wedding certification provided to you by the subscribed celebrant or subscribed minister of faith just isn’t formal. You simply can’t make use of it to show your relationship.
Commemorative wedding certification packages add a standard wedding certification.
If perhaps you were hitched outside Queensland, contact the interstate or offshore registering authority getting your certification.
Simple tips to use
It will require you significantly less than ten minutes to fill in this application.
- Answer the concerns.
- Select the manner in which you wish to spend the charge.
- Review your details.
- Browse the e-mail we give you to learn just how to finalise the application.
- Get evidence of ID papers certified by a Justice for the Peace or any other authorised individual.
- Submit your evidence of ID by post or perhaps in individual.
- Fill out the wedding certificate application
Post your completed application, or printed purchase receipt (in the event that you paid online), along with your certified papers to:
Registry of Births, fatalities and MarriagesPO Box 15188 CITY EAST QLD 4002
We will start to process the job whenever we get your articles.
Processing timeframes for precisely completed applications that have got all the proof that is required of and supporting papers (if required) are:
- 5 business times for non-urgent certificate applications (average processing time—no fee that is additional
- 2 company days for urgent certification applications ($29.35)
Please enable more time for Australia Post to supply your wedding certification to your address.
Browse any one of the following locations:
- The Brisbane registry customer service centre at degree 32, 180 Ann Street, Brisbane
- Certainly one of our agents at a Queensland Magistrates Court or Queensland Government Agent Program (QGAP) workplace (except the Brisbane Magistrates Court)
- JPs within the Community in the event that you pay online
Bring your completed application kind, or printed purchase receipt (in the event that you paid online), your original evidence of ID along with other supporting documents (if needed).
If you distribute your precisely done application at the Brisbane registry customer service centre therefore the wedding was already registered, the certification would be fond of you instantly, unless registered before 1963.
In the event that wedding had been registered before 1963, the certification is going to be prepared after 2.30pm the business day that is next. Urgent certificates ($29.35) could be prepared in 3 hours ( or even the following working day in the event that you use after 1.30pm).
Processing timeframes for precisely completed applications which are submitted at a Queensland Magistrates Court or QGAP office while using the needed evidence of ID and supporting papers (if required) are:
- 5 company times for non-urgent certificate applications (average processing time—no additional charge)
- 2 company times for urgent certification applications ($29.35)
Please enable more time for Australia Post to provide your wedding certificate to your target.
JPs into the Community—online orders just
Bring your printed purchase receipt (in the event that you paid online), your proof that is original of and other supporting documents (if required).
Processing times stay exactly the same, and commence from the time you’ve got confirmed your ID.
Spend the cost
The total price is calculated whenever you fill out the applying type on line. It is possible to spend:
- By charge card (Visa or MasterCard)
- During the customer support centre
- By EFTPOS or bank card
- With money
- By having a company account cheque
- By having a bank cheque
- With a money purchase
- Through the mail
- By charge card
- By having a company account cheque
- Having a bank cheque
- With a cash purchase.
Make cheques and cash purchases payable to ‘Registry of Births, fatalities and Marriages’.
We try not to accept individual cheques.
|Commemorative marriage certification package (1 standard marriage certification and standard postage included)||$64.50|
|Standard wedding certification (standard postage included)||$49.50|
Standard postage is roofed into the cost when you purchase pornhub a certificate to be delivered by mail.
You can easily request to own your certification posted by registered or express post for a cost.
|International registered post||$16.10|
- Fill out the wedding certificate form
E-mail bdm-mail@justice. Qld.gov.au, we answer to online enquiries within 2 company times.
Local call* 13 QGOV (13 74 68) Overseas +61 7 3328 4811 (+10 hours UTC)
(Phone lines Monday– that is open Friday 8.30am–4.30pm)
*Costs could be greater from cell phones and interstate.
Have the PDF application form
You can use the PDF application form and apply by post or in person if you are unable to complete the application form online.
Do so online
Correct a certification
Learn how to alter wrong or lacking information from the time regarding the occasion.